Thursday 31 May 2007

Playing badminton

Badminton is such a wonderful sport to play, I never tire of hitting shuttles over that net. Although I don't play competitively much any more.......20 years and kilos too much these days....... but I still enjoy every second when I am coaching or knocking up with players.

I hope that feeling and the sound of hitting a shuttle cleanly never leaves me. I just wish that I still had the speed of movement from years ago...... alas time waits for no man.

Each training session with younger players always gives me pleasure, to see them improve is a great satisfaction, to see their confidence soar with each improvement that they achieve, to watch them win their first tournament....... these are the pleasures of being a coach.

Would I prefer still to be a player............ you're darn right I would !!

No comments: